Durham Recreation and Park District
9319 Midway Memorial Hall, Durham, California
Regular Board of Directors Meeting
Thursday April 9, 2020 5:30 PM
(Posted prior to 5:30 PM Monday, April 6, 2020)
A. Roll Call:
- Call to Order:
1. This agenda was posted at least 72 hours in advance of this meeting.
For each item not appearing on the posted agenda upon which the Board wishes to take action,
it must make one of the following determinations:
a) Determine by a majority vote that an emergency exists as defined in Government Code 54956.5.
b) Determine by a two-thirds vote or by a unanimous vote if less than two-thirds of the
Board is present, that the need to take action arose subsequent to the agenda being posted.
c) Determine that the item appeared on a posted agenda for a meeting occurring not more than five calendar days prior to this meeting, and the item was continued to this meeting.
Notwithstanding, the above items may be added to the agenda for Board discussion only or to acknowledge receipt of correspondence or other information.
- Flag Salute
- Consent Agenda:
1. Ratify March Payroll Expenses
2. Ratify Payment of March Operating Expenses
3. Approve Payment of Board Approved Refunds & Transfer of Net Revenues, To the District’s Account in the County Treasury for March.
4. Approval of Minutes from the March 10, 2020 Special Board meeting, March 12, 2020 Regular Meeting.
5. Approval of Program Financial Reports for:
a. Cubbies-ASP February
b. Kids Night In
c. No Financials due to COVID-19 Shelter in Place Executive Order.
E. Public Comment:
No action or discussion will be undertaken on any item not appearing on the posted agenda.
Government code section 54954.2
F. Old Business:
1. Prop 68 Status
2. JBAC Green Room Floor
3. RHA Energy watch Program
AGENDA, Durham Recreation and Park District
Thursday, April 9, 2020
G. Current Business:
1. Parade & Picnic
2. Discuss Midway Park Sign.
H. Recreation Supervisor & Coordinator Reports
I. Park Supervisor’s Report
J. District Manager’s Report
K. Correspondence: Letter from Durham Mutual Water Co.
- Closed Session:
M. Reports from the Board
Next scheduled board meeting Thursday May 14, 2020 at 5:30 p.m.
DECLARATION OF MEETING LOCATION CHANGE
Pursuant to California Governor Gavin Newsom’s Executive Order N-29-20 issued on March 17, 2020, relating to the convening of public meetings in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Durham Recreation and Park District will be closing the April 9, 2020 Board of Directors Meeting to members of the public and non-essential District staff. The public may attend the meeting via the following link, although their audio and video will not be turned on:
The public may submit comments prior to the meeting via email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 1:00 p.m. on Thursday, April 9, 2020 and they will be read into the record.
DURHAM RECREATION & PARK DISTRICT
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
February 6, 2020
3. RHA Energy no news as of yet.
4. DRPD received the tractor back, the brakes are not working very well but he is able to use it at the Community Park.
5. Goepp made the motion to accept CPA Audit as prepared, Bradley seconded and it passed 5-0 with Bradley, Goepp, Stevens, Hayes and Redding all voting in favor.
1. Bradley made the motion to accept items 1-3 for the DLL contracts and DASA contract, Redding seconded and it passed 5-0 with Goepp, Redding, Hayes, Stevens and Bradley all voting in favor.
2. After some discussion about the Letter from American Legion, Stevens made the motion for DRPD to become a co-sponsor to cover the insurance for the Ice Cream Social Hayes seconded and it passed 5-0 with Goepp, Bradley, Hayes, Stevens and Redding all voting in favor.
3. Bradley made the motion to approve the list of items to be shredded, Hayes seconded and it passed 5-0 with Goepp, Bradley, Stevens, Hayes and Redding all voting in favor.
Nothing for closed session at this time.
District Manager’s Report