Thursday January 12, 2023 5:30 p.m.
Thursday February 9, 2023 5:30 p.m.
Thursday March 9, 2023 5:30 p.m.
Thursday April 20, 2023 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday May 10, 2023 5:30 p.m.
Thursday June 8, 2023 5:30 p.m.
Thursday August 10, 2023 5:30 p.m.
Thursday September 14, 2023 5:30 p.m.
Thursday October 12, 2023 5:30 p.m.
Thursday November 9, 2023 5:30 p.m.
8:00 A.M. TO 5:00 P.M.
Durham Recreation and Park District
Regular Board of Directors Meeting
Thursday August 10, 2023 5:30 PM
9319 Midway, Durham***In Person***
(Posted prior to 5:30 PM Monday August 7, 2023)
- Flag Salute
- Call to Order:
1. This agenda was posted at least 72 hours in advance of this meeting.
For each item not appearing on the posted agenda upon which the Board wishes to take action, it must make one of the following determinations:
a) Determine by a majority vote that an emergency exists as defined in Government Code 54956.5.
b) Determine by a two-thirds vote or by a unanimous vote if less than two-thirds of the
Board is present, that the need to take action arose subsequent to the agenda being posted.
c) Determine that the item appeared on a posted agenda for a meeting occurring not more than five calendar days prior to this meeting, and the item was continued to this meeting.
Notwithstanding, the above items may be added to the agenda for Board discussion only or to acknowledge receipt of correspondence or other information.
- Roll Call
- Consent Agenda:
1. Ratify June, July Payroll Expenses
2. Ratify Payment of June, July Operating Expenses
3. Approve Payment of Board Approved Refunds & Transfer of Net Revenues, To the District’s Account in the County Treasury for June, July.
4. Approval of Minutes from the June 8, 2023 Regular Meeting.
5. Approval of Program Financial Reports for:
a. DUSD-Extended Day Camp June Financial.
b. Cubbies-Summer Camp Financial.
c. Weekly Summer Camp Financial.
d. Kids Night In Financial.
e. June, July Yoga Classes-Adults.
f. June Water Aerobics Financial.
g. Swim Lessons Financial.
h. Sand Volleyball Camp Financial.
i. Financials from County June, July & in house Financials June, July.
E. Public Comment:
No action or discussion will be undertaken on any item not appearing on the posted agenda.
Government code section 54954.2
F. Old Business:
1. Prop 68 Update.
G. Current Business:
1. Update from Parade & Picnic Attendee.
2. Discuss & Approve Brady Doyle Eagle Scout Project.
3. Request Approval to purchase Playground Fiber.
H. Recreation Supervisor
I. Coordinator Report
J. Park Supervisor’s Report
K. District Manager’s Report
- Closed Session:
N. Reports from the Board
Next scheduled board meeting Thursday September 14, 2023 at 5:30 p.m.
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE
DURHAM RECREATION & PARK DISTRICT
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
May 10, 2023
The regular meeting of the Board of Directors of the Durham Recreation and Park District was held on Wednesday May 10, 2023 at Durham Memorial Hall. Chairperson Goepp called the meeting to order at 5:30 pm. Directors Hayes and Headley were present, Bradley arrived at 5:45pm Sohnrey was absent. Also in attendance: Kelley Parsons-District Manager and Kirsten Cyr-Administrative Manager. Cyr opened the meeting with the Pledge of Allegiance.
Hayes made a motion to approve the consent agenda, Payment of April Bills Reg. #1, warrant # 034891-034898; April Bills Reg. # 2, warrant # 034900-034914; April 15 Payroll Registers, warrant # 034915-034936; April Bills Reg. # 3, warrant # 034937-034948; April 30 Payroll Register, warrant # 034949-034988.
Approval of refunds and transfer of net revenues to the Tri Counties receipt deposit checking account for April, 2023; check #’s 2407-2413 for $57,612.92.
Approval of Minutes from April 20, 2023 Regular Board of Directors Meeting, Approval of Program Summaries and Financial reports for: April Cubbies Financial, April ASP Financials, April Yoga Classes-Adult, Lifeguard Recertification Financial, Tee Ball Financial, County and in House Financials for April.
The motion was seconded by Headley and passed 4-0 with, Bradley, Headley, Hayes and Goepp all voting in favor, Sohnrey was absent.
Public Comment: Cyr commented that Mr. Corrales had come by the office and wanted to let them know that he misses the board members.
1. Prop 68 Update-District Manager Parsons let the Board know that we are now out to bid for the court resurfacing. Pre-Bid meeting is Monday May 15th at 2:00. She also let the board know that the playground site is prepped and ready for installers, we are on the list/calendar and waiting.
1. Update from Parade & Picnic Attendee-Andrew Headley said the fundraising is going very well. They have reached the goal of $16,250 so far in donations. He also said everything is going well.
2. Request Approval of 2023-2024 Preliminary Budget-After some discussion Hayes made the motion to approve the Preliminary Budget as presented Headley seconded and it passed 4-0 with Bradley, Goepp, Headley and Hayes all voting in favor. Sohnrey was absent.
3. Request Approval to increase Memorial Hall Rental Rates-After some discussion Bradley made the motion to approve the new rates but would like some thought put into kitchen rental pricing and brought back to the June board meeting. Hayes seconded and it passed 4-0 with Bradley, Goepp, Headley and Hayes all voting in favor. Sohnrey was absent.
Recreation Supervisor’s Report
The board agreed to receive the report as presented.
Park Supervisor’s Report
The board agreed to accept the report as presented.
District Manager’s Report
The board agreed to accept the report as presented.
Reports from the Board:
Bradley-Requested discussing the live scan purchase for DRPD Parsons stated we should have it purchased and trained on it by August 1, 2023.
Headley-Suggested we should advertise rentals for the JBAC birthday parties.
Hayes-Nothing to report.
Goepp-Nothing to report.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 6:22 p.m.
Next Regularly Scheduled Board Meeting: June 8, 2023 5:30pm