Durham Recreation and Park District
Regular Board of Directors Meeting
Thursday June 10, 2021 5:30 PM
9319 Midway, Durham***In Person***
(Posted prior to 5:30 PM Monday, June 7, 2021)
A. Roll Call:
- Call to Order:
1. This agenda was posted at least 72 hours in advance of this meeting.
For each item not appearing on the posted agenda upon which the Board wishes to take action,
it must make one of the following determinations:
a) Determine by a majority vote that an emergency exists as defined in Government Code 54956.5.
b) Determine by a two-thirds vote or by a unanimous vote if less than two-thirds of the
Board is present, that the need to take action arose subsequent to the agenda being posted.
c) Determine that the item appeared on a posted agenda for a meeting occurring not more than five calendar days prior to this meeting, and the item was continued to this meeting.
Notwithstanding, the above items may be added to the agenda for Board discussion only or to acknowledge receipt of correspondence or other information.
- Flag Salute
- Consent Agenda:
1. Ratify May Payroll Expenses
2. Ratify Payment of May Operating Expenses
3. Approve Payment of Board Approved Refunds & Transfer of Net Revenues, To the District’s Account in the County Treasury for May.
4. Approval of Minutes from the May 13, 2021 Regular Meeting and Safety Meeting Minutes from April 29, 2021.
5. Approval of Program Financial Reports for:
a. ASP May-All Grades
b. May Cubbie Care Program
c. Yoga Classes
d. Financials from County April & in house Financials May
E. Public Comment:
No action or discussion will be undertaken on any item not appearing on the posted agenda.
Government code section 54954.2
F. Old Business:
1. Prop 68 Update
2. Memorial Hall-Exhaust Hood Update
AGENDA, Durham Recreation and Park District
Thursday, June 10, 2021
Page 2 of 2
G. Current Business:
1. Request Approval of the Final Budget for 2021-2022.
2. Request Approval to Purchase new Stove/Oven for Memorial Hall.
H. Recreation Supervisor
I. Coordinator Report
J. Park Supervisor’s Report
K. District Manager’s Report
- Closed Session:
N. Reports from the Board
Next scheduled board meeting Thursday August 12, 2021 at 5:30 p.m.
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE
DURHAM RECREATION & PARK DISTRICT
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
May 13, 2021
The regular meeting of the Board of Directors of the Durham Recreation and Park District was held on Thursday, May 13, 2021. Chairperson Goepp called the meeting to order at 5:30 pm. Directors Bradley, Redding, Hayes were present, and Stevens was absent. Also in attendance: Kelley Parsons-District Manager, Kirsten Cyr-Administrative Manager, and Colt Hayes. Bradley opened the meeting with the Pledge of Allegiance.
Bradley made a motion to approve the consent agenda: Payment of April Bills Reg. #1, warrant # 032526-032539; April Bills Reg. # 2, warrant # 032540-032548; April 15 Payroll Registers, warrant # 032549-032569; April Bills Reg. #3, warrant # 032570-032578; April Bills Reg. # 4, warrant # 032579-032584; April 30 Payroll Register, warrant # 032585-032605.
Approval of refunds and transfer of net revenues to the Tri Counties receipt deposit checking account for April 2021; check #’s 2274 for $35,691.55.
Approval of Minutes from April 8, 2021, and Approval of Program Summaries: ASP April, April Cubbie Program, Dance-Nastics Classes, April Yoga, Tee Ball, Lifeguard Training, County Financials for March and DRPD Financial reports for April.
Motion was seconded by Redding and passed 4-0 with Goepp, Bradley, Hayes and Redding all voting in favor, and Stevens was absent.
Public Comment: None
1. Prop 68 Update – CEQA compliance has been filed, once approved, the applications will be submitted to OGALS once compliance is verified.
1. Request Approval to Purchase new Oven/Stove for Memorial Hall.
2. Request Approval to purchase Exhaust Hood System for Memorial Hall.
After some discussion the board opted to consent approval of both purchases with one exception. The board wants to know the cost of installation and removal. Bradley made the motion to approve them and Redding seconded. It passed 4-0 with Goepp, Hayes, Redding and Bradley all voting in favor, and Stevens absent.
3. Request Approval of the Preliminary Budget for 2021-2022. After some discussion Bradley made the motion to approve the Preliminary Budget for 2021-2022 with Hayes seconded and it passed 4-0 with Hayes, Goepp, Bradley and Redding all voting in favor and Stevens was absent.
Page 2 of 2
4. Request Approval of the Durham Dolphin Swim Team Summer Contract. Bradley made the motion to approve the Durham Dolphin Contract with Hayes seconded and it passed 4-0 with Hayes, Goepp, Bradley, and Redding all voting in favor and Stevens was absent.
Recreation Supervisor-The Board agreed to accept the report as written.
Coordinator Reports-The Board agreed to accept the report as written.
Park Supervisor’s Report-The Board agreed to accept the report as written.
District Manager’s Report-The Board agreed to accept the report as written.
Correspondence: Treasurer Investment Report was good.
Closed Session: Nothing for closed session.
Reports from the Board
Hayes-Stated that the 4-H meetings went well out at the park and 4-H sends it’s thanks to the District, and would like DRPD to look into putting in a girls’ softball field.
Bradley-Nothing to report.
Redding-Said the VITA tax assistance program had helped over 300 people this year.
Goepp-Nothing to report.
Meeting adjourned at 6:20 PM.
Next Regularly Scheduled Board Meeting: June 10, 2021 5:30pm.