Thursday January 13, 2022 5:30 p.m.
Thursday February 10, 2022 5:30 p.m.
Thursday March 10, 2022 5:30 p.m.
Thursday April 14, 2022 5:30 p.m.
Thursday May 19, 2022 5:30 p.m.
Thursday June 9, 2022 5:30 p.m.
Thursday August 11, 2022 5:30 p.m.
Thursday September 8, 2022 5:30 p.m.
Thursday October 13, 2022 5:30 p.m.
Thursday November 10, 2022 5:30 p.m.
8:00 A.M. TO 5:00 P.M.
Durham Recreation and Park District
Regular Board of Directors Meeting
Thursday October 13, 2022 5:30 PM
9319 Midway, Durham***In Person***
(Posted prior to 5:30 PM Monday, October 10, 2022)
- Flag Salute
- Call to Order:
1. This agenda was posted at least 72 hours in advance of this meeting.
For each item not appearing on the posted agenda upon which the Board wishes to take action, it must make one of the following determinations:
a) Determine by a majority vote that an emergency exists as defined in Government Code 54956.5.
b) Determine by a two-thirds vote or by a unanimous vote if less than two-thirds of the
Board is present, that the need to take action arose subsequent to the agenda being posted.
c) Determine that the item appeared on a posted agenda for a meeting occurring not more than five calendar days prior to this meeting, and the item was continued to this meeting.
Notwithstanding, the above items may be added to the agenda for Board discussion only or to acknowledge receipt of correspondence or other information.
- Roll Call
- Consent Agenda:
1. Ratify September Payroll Expenses
2. Ratify Payment of September Operating Expenses
3. Approve Payment of Board Approved Refunds & Transfer of Net Revenues, To the District’s Account in the County Treasury for September.
4. Approval of Minutes from the September 8, 2022 Regular Meeting.
5. Approval of Program Financial Reports for:
a. ASP-September Financial.
b. September Cubbies Financial.
c. September Yoga Classes-Adults.
d. Financials from County September & in house Financials September.
E. Public Comment:
No action or discussion will be undertaken on any item not appearing on the posted agenda.
Government code section 54954.2
F. Old Business:
1. Prop 68 Update.
2. ATV Update.
G. Current Business:
1. Request Approval to Appoint Andrew Headley as New Board Member.
2. Request Approval for Spookfest Budget of $600.00.
H. Recreation Supervisor
I. Coordinator Report
J. Park Supervisor’s Report
K. District Manager’s Report
- Closed Session:
N. Reports from the Board
Next scheduled board meeting Thursday November 10, 2022 at 5:30 p.m.
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE
DURHAM RECREATION & PARK DISTRICT
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
September 8, 2022
The regular meeting of the Board of Directors of the Durham Recreation and Park District was held on Thursday, September 8, 2022. Chairperson Goepp called the meeting to order at 5:28 pm. Directors Bradley, Stevens and Hayes were present. Also in attendance: Kelley Parsons-District Manager, Kirsten Cyr-Administrative Manager. Bradley opened the meeting with the Pledge of Allegiance.
Hayes made a motion to approve the consent agenda, thus ratifying:
Payment of August Bills Reg. #1, warrant # 034166; August Bills Reg. # 2, warrant # 034061-034076; August 15 Payroll Register, warrant # 034192-034226; August Bills Reg. # 3, warrant # 034183-034191; August Bills Reg. #4, warrant # 034227-034238: August 31 Payroll Register, warrant # 034246-034280; August Bills Reg. #4, warrant # 034239-034245.
Approval of refunds and transfer of net revenues to the Tri Counties receipt deposit checking account for August, 2022; check #’s 2346-2356 for $37,265.42.
Approval of minutes from August 11, 2022, and Approval of Program Summaries: Weeks 9-10 Summer Camp Financial, August ASP Financial, August Cubbies Financial, Adaptive Swim Lessons, Swim Lessons, Belly-Flop Contest, Home Run Derby, Coed Softball Financial, August Yoga Classes-Adult, Financial reports for August-County and August DRPD Financials.
The motion was seconded by Stevens and passed 4-0 with, Stevens, Bradley, Goepp, and Hayes all voting in favor.
Public Comment: None
1. Prop 68 Update-Parsons stated the paperwork has been sent in for the slide material reimbursement and advancement. Waiting on confirmation from the state that we will receive the advance before we go to bid on the Sports court project.
1. Request Approval of Al’s Concrete Estimate-After some discussion Bradley made the motion to approve the bid for Al’s Concrete to repair the pool decking. Stevens seconded, it passed 4-0 with Goepp, Bradley, Stevens, and Hayes all voting in favor.
2. Request Approval of Pool Pit Resurfacing-After some discussion Stevens made the motion to approve the bid from STS Inc. to resurface the pool pit. Hayes seconded, it passed 4-0 with Goepp, Bradley, Stevens, and Hayes all voting in favor.
3. Request Approval of Purchase Miracle Play System 3-5 Year old Playground with install included with Prop 68 Funds-After some discussion Bradley made the motion to approve the purchase of the Miracle Playground Equipment called Tot’s Choice Structure Model # 718-S190J for the purchase price of $14,999.00 with install. Hayes seconded, it passed 4-0 with Goepp, Bradley, Stevens, and Hayes all voting in favor.
4. Request Approval to advertise for bids for ATV for Park Maintenance. Request board approval for authority to purchase not to exceed a set amount- After some discussion Bradley made the motion to approve the purchase of an ATV with a not to exceed purchase price of $16,000.00. Stevens seconded, it passed 4-0 with Goepp, Bradley, Stevens, and Hayes all voting in favor.
Recreation Supervisor Report-The Board agreed to accept the report as written.
Coordinator Report-The Board agreed to accept the report as written.
Park Supervisor Report-The Board agreed to accept the report as written.
District Manager Report-The Board agreed to accept the report as written.
Reports from the Board:
Goepp-None to report.
Stevens-None to report.
Bradley-Asked about the Board opening.
Hayes-Mentioned the Community Outreach program starting for 5th and 6th graders to learn how to swim.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 6:15 p.m.
Next Regularly Scheduled Board Meeting: October 13, 2022 5:30pm